Photo Chemicals

Illegal in Garbage & Drains
Household Hazardous Waste

Drop-off is available twice a month by appointment only on Saturdays for household hazardous waste and/or universal waste. Acceptable items include over-the-counter and prescription medications, fluorescent light tubes, motor oil and used motor oil, antifreeze, paint, chemicals (pool and others), household cleaners, and pesticides. The majority of medications are accepted as household hazardous waste excluding controlled substances. Some items can be dropped off at the HHW Facility without an appointment and during hours of operation. These items include: sharps waste (syringes or lancets) properly packaged for safe disposal, (used) motor oil, filters and antifreeze. Proof of residency is required.

To make an appointment to drop off your household hazardous waste on the next available Saturday at the Waste Management HHW Facility at 2880 Industry Street, please call Waste Management’s Customer Service line at (760) 439-2824.

Fixer and Toners Are Hazardous Waste

Used fixer and toners contain heavy metals (such as silver, gold and selenium) and should be disposed of as hazardous waste.

Did You Know?

A Literally Green Method for Printing Photographs

Anthotypes is a green photography processing method that makes prints from flower petals, fruit peels and plant pigments. Find out how to make anthotypes.